[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text text_larger=”no”]

Navigating the California cannabis regulations in this post-prohibition era can be challenging, especially when figuring out which rules apply to you. We thought we could alleviate some of that stress by explaining how these regulations impact customers, patients, and businesses who want to purchase clones.

[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text text_larger=”no”]


[/vc_column_text][vc_toggle title=”HOW TO PURCHASE CLONES DIRECTLY FROM CLONEVILLE ?”]In order to purchase clones from Cloneville you will need to qualify as one of the following

  • Visit the clone department at iLyfted and be a medical marijuana patient that has a doctors recommendation or a MMIC
  • Visit the clone department at iLyfted and be an adult that has a valid ID that proves that you are 21 or older
  • You must possess a California State Permit (Temporary Permits are accepted) for cannabis cultivation, retail, micro-business, or distribution. Compliance requires us to have a photo of your CA ID as well as a PDF of your California State Permit. If you are a re-seller, exempt from tax, you must provide us with a Seller’s Permit and fill out a general resale form. Unless you have a distribution license, Cloneville is required by California State law to deliver your clone order directly to the business address listed on your permit.

[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”AMOUNT OF CLONES THAT CAN BE PURCHASED AT CLONEVILLE”]As of January 1, 2018 dispensaries selling cannabis products have the choice to apply for medical licensing, adult-use licensing, or both. With these permits come different protocol when it comes to purchasing, which we explain below.

  • Adult-use customer stem limit: 6 per day
  • Medical patient stem limit: 12 per day (must possess a doctor’s recommendation or county medical card for cannabis)
  • To purchase up to 99 clones in a single day from Cloneville, your doctor’s recommendation or county medical card must CLEARLY state that you are allowed a higher number than 12 clones per day
  • A person who holds a valid California State License/Permit (i.e. Cultivators License) may purchase an unlimited amount to fulfill their cultivating needs.
  • Adult-use customer stem limit: 6 per day
  • Medical patient stem limit: 12 per day (must possess a doctor’s recommendation or county medical card for cannabis)

[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”SERVICES CLONEVILLE OFFERS FOR RETAIL CLONE SALES”]We here at Cloneville believe in great customer service above everything else. We are one of the original medical marijuana dispensaries in the state and country, so we will always be there after the sale to assist patients or regular customers with whatever advice we can give them to ensure that they have a successful grow.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”WHERE CANNABIS REGULATION INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ?”]Multiple government agencies have been placed in charge of regulating the different aspects of the cannabis industry in California. The Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC) is in charge of issuing licenses to distributors, retailers, testing labs, and micro-businesses. The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) is in charge of California Cannabis Cultivation Licensing and handles all items relating to cannabis cultivators. Lastly, the California Department of Public Health houses the Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch (MCSB) and handles businesses who manufacture cannabis. Information about local cannabis compliance can be found at your local/county government agency’s website.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”TYPES OF STATE LICENSES THAT CLONEVILLE CAN SELL TO ?”]Every license must designate whether it is Medical (M) or Adult-Use (A). Businesses are allowed to apply for both license types with separate applications and fees.

Retail License: This type of license is regulated by the BCC and can either be a storefront with permission to deliver cannabis goods to customers or a non-storefront type license that allows delivery only.

Distribution License: This type of license is regulated by the BCC. With this license distributors can transport cannabis goods between cannabis businesses.

Cultivation License: This type of license is regulated by the CDFA and is intended for cannabis cultivation to produce flowers, pre-rolls, keif, and other non-manufactured cannabis goods. There are numerous licenses available within this category so it is best to do more research to decide which one is the best for your business.

Micro-business: This license type is regulated by the BCC and is for small businesses who engage in at least three of the four following business activities: cultivation (under 10,000 sq ft), manufacturing, distribution, and retail.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TEMPORARY STATE PERMIT AND AN ANNUAL STATE LICENSE ?”]As of January 1, 2018, the temporary permit became available to individuals/businesses wanting to conduct business in the California cannabis industry. The temporary permit requires basic business information and local government approval to operate. There is no fee for a temporary permit. The temporary permit is only good for 120 days from issuance, with the potential of a 90-day extension based on authority’s discretion. Rather than using a track-and-trace system, temporary license holders are only required to record cannabis activities on paper receipts, invoices on manifests. The temporary licensing period is between January 1 – July 1, 2018.

The annual licensing application requires a lot more information than the temporary and requires a fee. Each cannabis licensing authority (BCC, CDFA, MCSB) has a distinct fee structure for their department. Keep in mind that once you are issued your annual license you must implement the state track-and-trace program. There are companies that offer services to help you complete the annual license application process.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”BUSINESSES ALLOWED TO PICK UP THEIR ORDER FROM CLONEVILLE ?”]When it comes to purchasing an order directly from Cloneville, only micro-business license holders and distribution license holders can pick up their clone order from our business address. California law requires that we deliver clone orders directly to the business address listed for all other license types purchasing directly from Cloneville. We are allowed to deliver these orders because we possess a distribution license.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”ADDITIONAL INFORMATION”]Stay on top of the California Cannabis Regulations and to ensure that you are compliant with all current laws relating to your business it is important to utilize the resources provided to you by the government agency that regulates your sector of the industry. It doesn’t hurt to follow this government agency on their social sites to get frequent updates on what is going within their agency. As a customer, it is also important to understand the regulations that affect you and the businesses that are servicing you. Consumer information can be found on the Bureau of Cannabis Control website in the Consumer Information section.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row]